MARIE ELIZABETH WAKEFIELDAcupuncture Practitioner, USA
Mary Elizabeth Wakefield, is the internationally recognized author of the book, Constitutional Facial Acupuncture (Elsevier UK, 2014). She is an acclaimed teacher, an acupuncturist, an herbalist, Acutonics® and Zen Shiatsu practitioner, cranio-sacral therapist and a professional opera singer. Mary Elizabeth is acknowledged to be the leading international authority on facial acupuncture, and has created innovative treatment protocols that emphasize a constitutional approach to this modality, and a wide range of educational seminars that present her unique philosophy and treatment protocols.
She has 30+ years of clinical professional experience as a healing practitioner, and has personally trained close to 5,000 healthcare practitioners from 5 continents. In 2012, she instituted a unique 2-year professional certification training for facial acupuncturists at Northwestern Health Sciences University in Minneapolis, MN, the International GOLD STANDARD FACIAL ACUPUNCTURE® Certification Program, the only one of its kind in the world today, which has run successfully in 2012-13 and 2015-16, and attracted practitioners from a number of foreign countries and many US states.
Ms. Wakefield has presented several times at the internationally renowned TCMKongress in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, GERMANY, the Pacific Symposium, San Diego, CA, and at the Canadian Oriental Medicine Symposium (COMS) in Vancouver, BC, CANADA. She has recently recorded a number of online seminars: one, on the topic of her book, for Pro-D Seminars (CANADA) and several others for Acupuncture Professional (AUSTRALIA).
Ms. Wakefield contributed an ongoing column on facial acupuncture and related topics for 9 years to Acupuncture Today magazine, and has also written for the CA Journal of Oriental Medicine (CJOM) and Oriental Medicine Journal. Her practice and treatment protocols have been highlighted or featured in interviews in Oriental Medicine Journal, Qi Magazine, Alternative Medicine, Acu (UK), American Spa, Luxury Spa Finder, Les Nouvelles Esthetique (Canada), The Lantern (Australia), Naturheilpraxis (Germany), Huang Ti (Netherlands), Spa Asia (Singapore) and others.
Ms. Wakefield was invited to custom design a Diamond Acupuncture Facial™ in conjunction with the Academy Awards, and premiered it at the Soho Mansion Diamond Aquifer Suite in Los Angeles. Subsequently, she appeared nationally on Fit TV (Discovery Channel), demonstrating the facial on host Gina Lombardi, in a segment entitled « Buying Beauty. » She maintains a private practice on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, in New York City.
Ms. Wakefield maintains a private practice on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, in New York City.
- Acutonics® Practitioner Training Abiquiu, NM Loveland, CO Sedona, AZ
- Cranio-Sacral Therapy training (Upledger) New York, NY
- Tri-State College of Acupuncture New York, NY Master of Science
- Zen Shiatsu Therapy New York, NY (Ohashi) Tokyo, JAPAN (Masunaga)
- Polarity Therapy Master New York, NY (Pierre Pannetier)
- Esalen Institute Big Sur, CA Massage therapy
- 2017-18, Vibrational Acupuncture: Synergizing Tuning Forks and Needles, Singing Dragon, UK (projected; with MichelAngelo, co-author)
- 2014, Constitutional Facial Acupuncture™ (Elsevier UK) (German translation 9/2015)
- 2008, Spa Arabia, Dubai Acupuncture and Gem Essences: An Ancient Healing Ritual using the Five Elements and Sacred Geometry (with MichelAngelo)
- 2007, Spa Asia, Singapore/Spa Arabia, Dubai Bagua Beauty: A Vibrational, Constitutional Feng Shui Facial (with MichelAngelo)
- 2001, The Acupuncture Board Review Book (with accompanying CD’s)
- 2002-2011, Columnist: Acupuncture Today magazine (bimonthly column on facial acupuncture & related topics)
- 2002-2016, Guest columnist/interviewee: Oriental Medicine Journal Alternative Medicine Qi
Magazine California Journal of Oriental Medicine (CJOM) New York Times Epoch Times American Spa Les Nouvelles Esthetique Spa Asia Cosmetic Surgery Times Acu (UK) The Lantern (Australia) Huang Ti (Netherlands) Naturheilpraxis (Germany) Yin Yang (Switzerland)